You will need the following financial information to start:
- Monthly income from all sources
- Monthly expenses
- Current debts and other financial obligations
- Assets and value of each (home, car, jewelry, etc.)
Credit Counseling Disclosure Statements of The Mesquite Group, Inc.
(1) Fee Policy:
Fees for credit counseling services:
Online Credit Counseling: flat rate of $24 individual or couples
Certificates are generated at no additional charge.
(2) Policy for clients qualifying for free or reduced rates:
Based on your ability to pay for credit counseling services, The Mesquite Group offers a waiver of the credit counseling fee if your income is less than 150% of the poverty level for a household of the same size according to the current year’s HHS poverty guidelines. You may qualify for a reduced fee if your income is greater than 150% of the current year’s HHS poverty guidelines and:
- you filed pro se, or
- the attorney representing you waived the attorney fees, or
- you received a fee waiver from The Mesquite Group in the past three months
To receive a fee waiver, you must submit documentation of your current income and household size, unless you received a waiver from The Mesquite Group in the past three months, then no other documentation is required.
(3) Bilingual Disclosures:
Online credit counseling is provided in English. Clients who request telephone credit counseling in Spanish are charged the same fees as shown under the Fee Policy section, as noted above; there is no additional interpreter or translation charge. Any individual needing telephone credit counseling translation and/or interpretation in a language other than Spanish, will be referred to the list of approved U.S. Trustee agencies:
(4) Funding Sources:
Revenue for The Mesquite Group, Inc. comes from payments made by clients for financial counseling and education services and donations from the public. No referral fees or additional payments other than our fees are requested of or accepted from other organizations or individuals.
(5) Counselor Qualifications:
Counselors are required to have one or more of the following:
- A bachelors degree
- Work experience in one or more of the following:
- money management
- financial counseling
- personal financial education
- money management instruction
- Certification by a certifying authority: AFCPE, Institute for Financial Certification, etc.
(6) Impact on credit reports:
Counseling services provided by The Mesquite Group, Inc., to any individual or couple will not be reported to any credit reporting agency, therefore receipt of these services will have no impact on a client’s credit score.
(7) Prohibition from paying or receiving referral fees:
The policies of The Mesquite Group prohibit it from paying or receiving fees for the referral of debtors.
(8) Certificates provided promptly upon completion:
Certificates are issued promptly after you have completed the credit counseling session, no later than the next business day, 12:00 pm CST.
(9) Clients can negotiate alternative payment schedules with creditors:
You may negotiate alternative payment schedules with regard to each unsecured consumer debt under terms as set forth in 11 U.S.C. 502(k). The Mesquite Group does not provide this service. If a you request this service, The Mesquite Group will refer you to the U.S. Trustee list of approved agencies to find an agency who would provide this service. Clients may incur additional fees in connection with such a referral. The Mesquite Group does not charge a fee for referring a client to the U.S. Trustee list of approved agencies.
(10) U.S. Trustee Oversight:
The Mesquite Group may disclose your personal information to the U. S. Trustee in connection with the U.S. Trustee’s oversight of our company, or during the investigation of complaints, during onsite visits, and during quality of service reviews.
(11) U.S. Trustee Review of Services:
The U.S. Trustee has reviewed only the The Mesquite Group’s credit counseling services and the personal financial management instructional course. The U.S. Trustee neither reviewed nor approved any other services The Mesquite Group provides to clients.
(12) Certificate provided only after counseling services are completed:
Credit counseling services are deemed completed after the client:
- submits his/her personal budget and financial information for review, and
- a financial counselor has reviewed the client’s information and provided recommendations, and
- the client has reviewed the recommendations, and
- asked and has received answers for any follow-up questions (if applicable), and
- responded to the counselor with acceptance of the recommendations.
If an expedited certificate is required, please contact Customer Service at 877-769-4069, send an email to: email@example.com.